HOW WE TREAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND WHAT CHOICES AND RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN THIS REGARD.
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information relating to our Users (i) who can be identified or are identifiable directly from that information only, or (ii) who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination of other information we have access. We will also treat additional information, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers, as “Personal Data” where required by applicable law.
B. What Personal Data do we collect?
- Information You Provide to Us
Account and Profile Data: In order to place an order, or otherwise enroll in our promotional programs, marketing distribution lists, or other programs offered through the Site, you may choose to register for an account with us. During the processes for registering an account or placing an order via the Site, we may ask you to provide us the following data (i) your first and last name, email address, home or other mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, alias, avatar, country code, language preference or time zone information in your account, or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter “Account Data“); and/or (ii) demographic information, such as information like your gender or product preferences (“Profile Information“). We may collect Personal Data from you at various times and places, such as when you:
- Make a purchase through the Site or via our customer experience center (“Call Center”);
- Submit account registration forms or otherwise save your information with us on our Site or Call Center;
- Sign up or request to be placed on our mailing, SMS text and/or email marketing lists;
- Sign up for a loyalty program;
- Participate in a survey or promotion; or
- Contact us regarding a question or concern such as when you make inquiries concerning our merchandise or services;
Your decision to provide us with information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site’s features, including purchasing products or services from us.
Communications and Feedback: When you use the feedback and suggestion functions in our Site to report a problem with the Site or provide feedback, we will collect your email address, and feedback content that you provide in order to address your concerns or questions. At the same time, if you receive email communications from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to if/when you open our message or click on any links or banners it contains.
(together, “Identity Data”).
2. Information We Collect Automatically
2.1 Device information: When you interact with our Site via a computer or mobile device, including, without limitation, a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other electronic device (each, a “Device”), we will automatically collect device information (“Device Information”), which includes your device’s MAC address, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log Documents, mobile network information. When you use Smart Devices to interact with our Site, we may collect additional Device Information about the type of device you use, unique device identifier (e.g. IMEI number), Bluetooth information, online status, activation time, firmware version and upgrade information, among others.
2.2 Usage data: During your interaction with our website and services, we will automatically collect usage data related to visits, clicks, downloads, sending/receiving messages and other usage of our Site and services (“Usage Data”).
2.4. Location information: We may collect and use your location information (“Location Information”) to deliver you relevant content and advertising based on your location as part of the location-based services we offer. And when you use such specific features of our Site, we may collect real-time geographic location information about you based on your consent. Due to strict data protection measures and subject to the “Third Party Websites and Services” section below, please refer to the Google Data Protection Policy for more instructions on protecting your personal data: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/gdprservices/. You can turn off the location service by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or your mobile device at any time to stop the collection of your Location Information.
3. Information from Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
4. Payment Information You Provide for Us to Process Order(s)
If you choose to purchase a product through the Site, in addition to your Account Information, our third-party payment processor will collect your billing address, your credit or debit card information (card number, name on card, security code, expiration date, and CVV) or other payment methods’ information necessary for processing one or more orders; email address; and billing zip code (“Payment Information”). By submitting your Payment Information, our payment processor may share invoices or such other transactional documents that may contain your financial information. We do not store your payment information.
5. Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites, including Social Media
6. Information that We Collect about You from Third Parties or You Provide about a Third Party
6.2 Information You Provide about a Third Party: If you send someone else a communication from the Site, such as an invitation to a friend or if you purchase a gift for another person, the information you provide (e.g. names, email addresses, mobile number, etc.) will be used to facilitate the communication. You need to ensure that you have the recipient’s permission to use his or her information for this purpose. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site, your email address, mobile number, name or username and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
(together, “Referral Data”).
C. Purposes and Legal Basis for processing Personal Data
- Definition. We may process your Personal Data in connection with any of the purposes and uses set out in this Policy based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because it is necessary to perform the Services you have requested or to comply with your instructions or other contractual obligations between you and us (“Contract”);
- To comply with our legal obligations as well as to keep records of our compliance processes (“Legal Obligations”);
- Because our legitimate interests, or those of a third-party recipient of your Personal Data, make the processing necessary, provided those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (“Legitimate Interest”);
- Because it is necessary to protect your vital interests (“Vital Interest”);
- Because it is necessary in the public interest (“Public Interest”);
- Because you have expressly given us your consent to process your Personal Data in a particular manner (“Consent”). Giving consent may include your publication or display your Personal Data voluntarily on a public area of the Platform available for public view, such as a comment area. In this case, we construe that you have given us Consent to process. You may withdraw your Consent at any time unless otherwise provided in the applicable data protection or privacy laws.
- Purposes and Legal Basis for Data Processing: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use and process Personal Data described above to:
- Provide You Site, Products and Services: We process your Identity Data, Device Information, Usage Data, Location Information, Payment Information, and Social Network Information to provide you with our Site and services that you have requested or purchased, including without limitation to set-up and maintain Your account, provide customer service, fulfil purchases through the Site. The legal basis for this processing is consent, or where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Site, and/or the performance of our contract with you according to our Terms.
- Improve Our Services and Maintain Security: We process your Device Information, Usage Data, Location Information to ensure the functions and safety of our Site, to develop and improve our Site and Services, to analyze the efficiency of our operations, and to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate usage. The legal basis for this process is to consent, or where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Site, and/or performance of our contract with you according to our Terms.
- Non-marketing Communication: We process your Personal Data to send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. At the same time, we will send you notifications related to the services you have bought, such as alert services (“Notification”). You can log into your account with the Site to manage or unsubscribe these communications. When you decide not to authorize the Notifications function, we will no longer process your information for such intention. The legal basis for this processing is consent, or where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Site, and/or the performance of our contract with you according to our Terms.
- Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data (including without limitation, Social Network Information, Referral Information and certain Identity Data) to provide marketing and advertising materials to you on the Services. If you do not agree to receiving marketing communications, you may (i) opt out by logging into your account with the Site to manage or unsubscribe these communications, or (ii) follow instructions contained in our marketing communication to opt-out of receiving future communications. The legal basis for this processing is your consent, or where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Site.
- Personalization: We may process your Personal Data to personalize your browsing experience and to provide you with services customized for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding Site suited to you, email, and to invite you to engage in studies relating to your use of the Site. If you do not allow us to process your Personal Data for personalization, you may opt out by changing your preferences in the browser. The legal basis for this processing is your consent, or where applicable, our legitimate interests in the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of others.
- Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions, including Terms; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems in connection with establishing or exercising our legal rights or claims; (f) to exercise our rights, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud that undermine the privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain in connection defending against a legal claim. The legal basis for this processing is our legal obligations to comply with our obligations under applicable laws, or where applicable our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Site.
- Data Aggregation: We will use your Personal Data to create Anonymous Data, and use, retain, or disclose such Anonymous Data.
- Other Processing Activities: We may process any of the Personal Data identified in this Policy when necessary for:
D. Who do we Share Personal Data with?
At Dernier & Hamlyn, we only share Personal Data in ways that we provide below. We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
We may share with our third-party service providers (including payment processors) who need the Personal Data to perform certain support or operational services to us or to provide their services to you on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, surveys, and other features offered on our Site, among others.
Disclosures with Consent
We may ask, from time to time, if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Policy. We will only disclose your information in this context with your Consent.
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Site, in the Stores or through one of our social media pages that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and likeness in advertising associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal data may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
Acquisitions and Similar Transactions
We may share your Personal Data in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our company assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us is among the assets transferred.
We may share with our corporate subsidiaries or affiliates under the same control and ownership, and their respective officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, or agents who need the Personal Data to help us provide our Site or process Personal Data on our behalf.
Legal Obligations and Rights
We may share your Personal Data if we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions, including Terms; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems in connection with establishing or exercising our legal rights or claims; (f) to exercise our rights, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud that undermine the privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain in connection defending against a legal claim.
We may share your information with our and our affiliates’ insurers and other professional advisors, including attorneys and accountants, that need access to your Personal Data to provide operational or other support services on our behalf.
De-identified or Aggregated Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any specific individual, such as groupings of demographic data or customer preferences, for new Services and marketing development.
E. International Transfer of Information Collected
In order to facilitate our operations, we may transfer, store and process your personal data in countries other than where you live. These arrangements may involve your Personal Data being located in various countries around the world, e.g. United States, where privacy laws differ from EU, China, or United Kingdom. We only make these arrangements or transfers where we have implemented appropriate levels of contractual, technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA or your country of residence, including the current version of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or other data processing contract approved by the applicable government agencies. By using the Site or submitting Personal Data through your use of our Site or other services, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to such international transfer, processing, storage of, and hosting of such information to those countries and other jurisdictions, for which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States and other countries according to laws in those jurisdictions. Your information will also be disclosed to third parties as described in the “Who do We Share Personal Data With” section above.
F. Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
You may exercise your rights over your Personal Data at no charge, unless otherwise allowed by the applicable privacy laws. In most cases, we will reply within the earlier of 15 business days or 30 calendar days. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex, or you have made a number or requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you posted. If you decide to send us a request via email, please indicate what information you want to change, whether you want to delete your personal data from our database, or any restrictions you want us to be subject to when using your personal data. Please note that for security reasons, we may ask you to verify your identity before further process your request.
If you are a resident of European Union or European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or a jurisdiction with a comprehensive privacy framework, you may exercise one or more of the following rights under the applicable privacy laws:
- Right to Access to the Personal Data that we process about you: You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and, where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Right to Correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you: Our goal is to keep your Personal Data accurate, current and complete. Please contact us if you believe your information is not accurate of its changes;
- Right to Delete your Personal Data: In some cases, you have a legal right to request that we erase your personal data;
- Right to Restrict the process of your Personal Data: – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data under certain conditions;
- Right to Transfer of Personal Data to you or a third party (“Right to Portability”): You have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions; and
- Opt-out or object to our use of Personal Data about you under certain conditions.
- Withdrawal of consent: We will honor your privacy right to withdraw consent through the following approaches:
- If we obtain your consent through your Device’s system settings, you may withdraw your consent by changing your Device’s permissions, including location, camera, photo album (picture library/video library), microphone, Bluetooth settings, notifications and other related functions;
- In the marketing communications that you agree to, the information we send to you contains instructions that allow you to withdraw your consent in accordance with the “unsubscribe” method described in the marketing communication. Once we receive your instruction, we will promptly take corrective action. There may be certain communications that are required for legal or security purposes, including changes to various legal agreements, that you may not be able to limit.
When you withdraw your consent or authorization, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the Site or services correspondingly. However, your withdrawal of your consent or authorization will not affect the processing of Personal Data based on your consent before the withdrawal.
California Shine the Light. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who provide Personal Data in obtaining Site or services for personal, family, or household use may be entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the information we shared, if any, with other businesses for direct marketing uses. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing, if any, will be included in our response. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our Site may make any changes to their information at any time by contacting us at “Support” section.
G. Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. Dernier & Hamlyn provides various security measures to effectively ensure data security of user and device. As for device access, Dernier & Hamlyn uses proprietary algorithms to provide for data isolation, access authentication, access control, and implement security measures to protect your Personal Data we collect from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, deletion, modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, the safety and security of your Personal Data also depends upon you. Where you use a password for access to our Site, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. Please refer to our Terms for additional information regarding your obligations to secure your user account located at Terms and Conditions.
Despite these measures, no security system is perfect, and no data transmission is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted to or from our Site. If you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been threatened, you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing: helpUS@dhlifelabs.com.
H. How long do we store your Personal Data?
After the retention period ends, we will delete your Personal Data. When we are unable to do so for technical reasons, we will implement appropriate measures to securely store your Personal Data and isolate it to prevent any further such use of your Personal Data. To the extent permitted by law, we may retain and use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated information for performance reporting, benchmarking, and analytic purposes and for product and service improvement.
I. Third-Party Websites and Services
J. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
For more information about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule.
L. Contact Us
Dernier & Hamlyn, Inc.
Postal Mailing Address: 720 Northgate Parkway, Wheeling, IL 60090
BY CONTINUING TO BROWSE OR USE OUR SITES, YOU AGREE THAT WE CAN STORE AND ACCESS COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AS DESCRIBED BELOW. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OR DISABLE SOME OF THE NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES AT ANY TIME BY FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN “How do You Control or Delete Cookies” TO CHANGE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS.
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you visit our Sites. Other tracking technologies work similarly to Cookie by placing a small amount of data on your devices to collect information about how you use our Sites.
In general, we use the following cookies:
Persistent Cookies. “Persistent” or “permanent” cookies remain stored on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted by you. We use persistent cookies to remember you, so you don’t have to log in every time you use our websites. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our sites.
Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
Cookies can be placed by our Sites (“First-party cookies”) or by our partners and service providers to help us better manage content on our sites and track our marketing efforts (“Third-party cookies”). Third-party cookies may also be used to enable analytics or advertising functionality that enables more customized services and advertising.
Finally, to administer our Sites and for research purposes, we may, from time to time, contract with third party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Sites’ users. These third party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our Sites’ content, and analyze how users navigate and utilize the Sites.
For more information, please visit https://allaboutcookies.org/
1. Other Tracking Technologies
In addition to cookies, there are other automatic data collection technologies, such as Internet tags, web beacons (clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, etc.) that can be used to collect data as you navigate through and interact with the Sites:
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with unique identifiers that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s device, web beacons are rendered invisible on web pages when you open a page.
- Social Widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media platforms that allow you to interact with social media services when you view a webpage or mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by third parties.
- UTM Codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”, which is typically the http or https address entered into a webpage) when you move from one web page or website to another. The string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
The information that we and our third party service providers track with Cookies, or other tracking technologies may include, but not limited to, Internet-connected device being used to access the Sites, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, your home domain or Internet service provider, which specific pages you access on the App, how long you view each page, the time and date you access our App. We also may use your IP address to determine the general physical location of your computer or device and understand from what geographic locations our visitors come and to tailor our services to meet our users’ needs (e.g., if a visitor is from California, we may use geolocation information to ensure our California team responds to such visitor).
Specifically, Cookies and other tracking technologies are used for the following purposes:
Strictly Necessary Cookies (Always Active)
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and for us to secure our Site, and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. Some cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between, including your previous actions within the same browsing session. For instance, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, and how they are performing so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
What Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Are in Use?
We may use cookie and tracking technologies for this Site, including without limitation those types of cookies described above.
How do You Control or Delete Cookies
Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may choose to not allow certain cookies via your browser settings to refuse all or some types of cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent by Sites tracking technologies and advertising. You may adjust your browser settings to opt out of accepting a “persistent” cookie and to only accept “session” cookies, but you will need to log in each time you want to enjoy the full functionality of the Sites.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website at: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. For more information on how to modify your browser settings to block or filter cookies, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/. You may learn more about internet advertising practices and related consumer resources at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
Refund Return Policy
Thank you for shopping with Dernier & Hamlyn, Inc. (“DERNIER & HAMLYN”, “we”, or “our”). We want our customers (“you” or “your”) to love DERNIER & HAMLYN products (each a “Product” and together, “Products”), but we understand that sometimes it does not work out. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it to DERNIER & HAMLYN within 30 days from the date of delivery with proof of purchase by following “Return and Exchange Instructions” below. We will replace it or refund the cost of the item. All returned items must be in their original packaging and in the condition in which they were received for a full refund.
A receipt is the best example of proof of purchase. If you are unable to find your receipt, DERNIER & HAMLYN will work with you to find order reference details when possible. We cannot guarantee return or refund where proof of purchase or order reference details cannot be located.
Products marked as refurnished are considered final sale and are not eligible for returns or exchange, only warranty service. For details of our warranty services, please check our Warranty Policy page.
Return and Exchange Instructions:
In order to return, or request to exchange, a DERNIER & HAMLYN Product, we ask that you follow the steps below:
- Contact DERNIER & HAMLYN’s customer experience center (“Customer Experience Center”) at 1-877-548-9722, between 9:00AM and 6:00PM CT, Monday through Friday within 30 days following the date of delivery to request a Return Authorization Number (“RA#”).
- Print and affix the RA# on the return package. DERNIER & HAMLYN will not be able to process returns without an RA#, and will return the Product(s) to you using the address you provided at the time you placed the order (“Your Address”). FURTHER, DERNIER & HAMLYN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS RETURNS OR EXCHANGE RECEIVED 60 DAYS OR MORE AFTER THE RA# ISSUE DATE AND WILL RETURN THE PRODUCT(S) TO YOUR ADDRESS.
- Use the shipping label provided by our customer experience center and affix your shipping label to the return package, making sure no other tracking labels are visible. Returns will be shipped by verifiable tracking number (FedEx, UPS, or USPS Priority) to Dernier and Hamlyn Inc., Attn.: RETURN CENTER, 720 Northgate Parkway Wheeling, IL 60090. To be eligible for a refund or exchange, you must be able to provide Proof of Delivery (POD) that the returned Product has been received by DERNIER & HAMLYN Returns Center.
- Once your return is received, it could take DERNIER & HAMLYN up to 60 days to process the refund or place an exchange order.
- Refund: Once the refund is approved, we will process your refund, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
- Exchange: If you are still not satisfied after you receive the exchange, you may return the exchanged Product(s) within 30 days following the date of delivery. To receive a refund, please follow the Return Instructions outlined in Sections 1-3 and 4(a) above.
The following must be included in the return package:
- Order Number, Return Authorization Number (RA#), and original packing slip.
- Put the RA# on the package. If there is no RA# on the package, DERNIER & HAMLYN will not be able to process your return.
- Attach to the return package the shipping label provided by our customer experience center.
- The DERNIER & HAMLYN Product(s) must be returned in its original package (including all accessories and user manual).
As always, thank you for shopping with DERNIER & HAMLYN. If you need more assistance, please contact our Customer Experience Center and we will be happy to assist you.
How Returns Work with Klarna
We’ve partnered with Klarna to offer qualified applicants easy monthly payments for purchases. Any installment payments that have been made will be refunded through Klarna once the return has been processed. No additional installment payments will be required. Please contact Klarna if additional assistance is needed at https://www.klarna.com/us/customer-service/how-do-i-return-my-order/.
Products Purchased at an Authorized Retailer
Returns should be made to the retailer of the original purchase. If you are having issues with a DERNIER & HAMLYN product, DERNIER & HAMLYN can support with warranty service.
All orders are processed within 1 to 3 business days (excluding holidays and weekends) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another email when your order has shipped. Once orders have shipped please allow 2 – 3 business days for order to arrive. Orders placed after 12 pm PST on Fridays will not be processed until the following week.
Due to new procedures and safety policies as a result of Covid-19, we are experiencing processing and shipping delays. These new policies are to keep our warehouse staff and you safe. All shipping partners that we use have also implemented new and rigorous safety procedures. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our staff.
All our shipping is done via FedEx/UPS/USPS. We ship to the continental USA only.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
All DH Lifelabs (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Dernier & Hamlyn”, “DH Lifelabs UK”, “DH Lifelabs US”) promotions are subject to:
- Specific terms and conditions stated within the promotion (e.g. email/print)
- These general promotion terms and conditions
In the event of any inconsistency, the specific terms and conditions stated within the promotion governs.
DH Lifelabs promotions, include but not limited to, all voucher codes, discount codes, discounts, sales, offers. All DH Lifelabs promotions are subject to the terms and conditions below.
- Promotions are only valid for orders placed online at dhlifelabs.com (US customers) or dhlifelabs.co.uk (UK customers).
- Promotions may not be the same on dhlifelabs.com (US customers) or dhlifelabs.co.uk (UK customers).
- Promotions are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit and cannot be used to purchase gift cards, unless otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions stated within the promotion.
- Promotions are not valid in conjunction with any other promotions, unless otherwise stated.
- Must be redeemed within the validity period stated.
- The terms and conditions of any Promotion cannot be applied to previously placed orders or products not in stock at time of purchase or at the time of the Promotion.
- Promotions can only be redeemed once per customer, per household per order, unless otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions stated within the promotion.
- Promotion discounts are applied prior to shipping costs.
- Promotions are only good while supplies last and DH Lifelabs reserves the right to withdraw or cancel any promotion at any time for any reason.
- In the event of product returns (including partial returns), refunds for any product purchased through a promotion will be given for the value of the original purchase inclusive of the promotional discount applied. Promotional discounts will not be applied to any replacement order unless the promotion is still valid at the time of the replacement order.
- DH Lifelabs reserves the right to disqualify any customer from participation in Promotion for any reason at any time.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. We hope you enjoy your DH Lifelabs product(s), see you again soon!