LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
Thank you for choosing DERNIER & HAMLYN products. We are pleased to have your business. To help us ensure you receive prompt and efficient service, please retain your proof of purchase and register your machine as soon as possible. To register your warranty, please submit our registration form on our Product Registration page or contact Customer Experience Department at 1-877-548-9722, 9 AM – 6 PM, CST, Monday – Friday.
Please refer to the instruction manual to verify how to care for your machine. If you have any questions about your machine or this limited warranty, please call our Customer Experience Department.
1. What does this warranty cover?
DERNIER & HAMLYN’s limited 2-year warranty policy (“Policy”) applies ONLY to products, devices, and accessories that are manufactured by DERNIER & HAMLYN (each a “Product” and collectively “Products”). The Policy covers defects in materials and workmanship of the Products for the warranty period as described in Section 5 below. This warranty is only valid if the machine is used in the country in which it is sold.
2. Who may use this warranty?
This Limited Warranty is NOT transferable and applies ONLY to direct customers who purchase Product(s) from DERNIER & HAMLYN (“Customer”, “you”, or “your”) and member(s) of your immediate household.
3. How do you obtain warranty service?
Repair within the Warranty Period. In the event of a malfunction or failure of Products, please contact DERNIER & HAMLYN directly for further assistance and if applicable, for return instructions. You can reach our Customer Experience Department by phone 1-877-548-9722, 9 AM – 6 PM, CST, Monday – Friday.
To obtain warranty services, you must return the defective Product(s) along with proof of purchase in accordance with the return instructions provided by our Customer Experience Department.
If you start a claim for warranty services and we confirm that your Product is defective in materials and workmanship, we’ll replace, repair or refund it (in our discretion). If we replace or repair it, we’ll make sure it performs substantially in accordance with this Policy. We may replace or repair it using new, refurbished, or serviceable used parts (in our discretion) that are at least functionally equivalent to the original product at no charge and will cover any shipping charges. If we replace or repair your Product, we warrant that the replacement or repaired Product will be materially free of faulty materials or workmanship for the remainder of your original Warranty Period for 30 days after the replacement or repaired Product is delivered to you, whichever is later.
Repairs Outside of Warranty: Beyond two (2) years from the date of purchase, if a defect exists, you may mail your Product to us for repair and inspection. Upon inspection, we may send you a quote for repairing your Product, though we can no longer accept a return or exchange. You will be solely responsible for shipping charges associated with any repairs outside of warranty. We reserve the right to keep your Product with defect if you elect not to pay for a repair and we determine (in our discretion) that the Product is a safety hazard or cannot be used as intended without repair.
No Insurance. This Policy is not an insurance and does not cover any perils (e.g. fire, theft or loss).
Lost Proof of Purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your warranty will start 60 days after the date of manufacture in accordance with DERNIER & HAMLYN records.
4. What does this warranty NOT cover?
Your limited warranty does not cover (and DERNIER & HAMLYN is not responsible for) for the following reasons:
A. Altered or Modified Products:
- Products’ original parts or serial numbers have been removed, altered, or cannot be readily determined. Model and serial numbers, along with original sales receipts, are required for warranty validation.
B. Misuse of Products:
Any damages or malfunctions caused by negligence, abuse, or use not in accordance with the instructions provided in the applicable quick start guide or instruction manual enclosed with the Product(s) (“User Manual”).
- Products found to be defective after the warranty period has expired.
- Products damaged due to a natural disaster, including but not limited to lightning, flooding, earthquake, or fire.
- Failure of Products to perform during power failures and interrupted or inadequate electrical service or damages caused by incorrect electrical current, voltage, or proper power supply (see voltage label on machine).
- Failure of Products caused by handling, including tampering, mishandling, neglect, accidental damage, modification, abuse, misuse and/or repair done by anyone other than authorized DERNIER & HAMLYN service personnel. Modifications or alterations made to the voltage of unit will void the warranty.
C. Excluded Products:
- Any defects or damages caused by the use of filter or parts other than those original, genuine DERNIER & HAMLYN replacement filters or parts installed according to the manufacturer recommended filter replacement schedule listed in the User Manual. This warranty is also void if you use counterfeit DERNIER & HAMLYN replacement filters or parts that are not manufactured or sold by DERNIER & HAMLYN.
- Products have been resold to third parties or used for rental purposes. We provide this warranty only to you who are the original owner and end-user of our Product. You cannot assign or transfer this Warranty to anyone, including a subsequent purchaser or friend, or family member who is not an immediate household member. Warranties are not available from third-party resellers.
D. Wear and Tear of Products
This Policy does not cover normal deterioration of the exterior finish, including but not limited to scratches, dents, paint chips, or to any corrosion or discoloring by heat, abrasive and chemical cleaners, unless occurring due to defective workmanship or material.
5. What is the warranty period and coverage?
Warranty Period : Two years from date of original purchase
Product : Aaira Mini, Aaira + Humidifier, Aaira Surface, Aaira + HEPA, Sciaire Portable, Sciaire Mini +HEPA, Sciaire + HEPA
Coverage : Your machine is warranted against original defects in materials and workmanship when used for normal domestic purposes in accordance with the User Manual.
6. What Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, DERNIER & HAMLYN DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND ABSENCE OF HIDDEN DEFECTS, AND ANY REMEDY FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, WHICH BUT FOR THIS PROVISION, MIGHT ARISE BY IMPLICATION, OPERATION OF LAW, CUSTOM OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, DERNIER & HAMLYN FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCES, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SECONDARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OWNERSHIP OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS.
THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP IN YOUR PRODUCT(S). IF YOUR JURISDICTION GIVES YOU ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, THEN TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DURATION OF SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary by states, and from country to country. For details, please refer to the detailed warranty conditions provided by the DERNIER & HAMLYN distributor(s) in your country of purchase (if applicable).